Monday 30 April 2012

Online Dating: To Be or Not To Be (Embarrassed)?

I remember a Sex and the City episode where someone asks Miranda if she's "seeing anyone special," and her response is a self-deprecating bit about how, "I'm not seeing anyone special, but I am seeing a whole bunch of un-special guys, so if you know anyone...." Yuk yuk yuk. Later, Carrie turns to Miranda and says, "What was up with that? I felt like your comedy act should've come with a two-drink minimum." Unfortunately, I (and anyone else who's single and in their thirties) can relate to this need to perform a little stand-up routine when asked about my social life-particularly when it comes to online dating-because, well, it's embarrassing not to have the "right" answer ("I'm seeing someone/moving in with someone/engaged/married/pregnant....") We all must be losers if we haven't found "the one" by now-or better yet, found them in a generic way as opposed to through a website-so we make ourselves feel better by having a sense of humor about it.

Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6996684

Riots Thailand Japan Crisis Earthquake gambling sex drinking hate auto finance california foreclosures

No comments:

Post a Comment